Damn-it! I am not going to BlogHer. When I first started reading blogs and then attempting to start one of my own I saw all this BlogHer business, but thought going to a convention by myself? Where I didn't know anybody? To talk about blogs? How much fun could that be? HA. I had NO IDEA how many fabulous bloggers I would have met in a relatively short time span. So booo hoooo. I'm not going and I wish I were.
One thing I am good at is sulking so expect a fair amount of sulk beginning on Thursday and continuing through the weekend. ESPECIALLY IF YOU BLOGHER BLOGGERS START POSTING PICTURES OF YOURSELVES BEING FABULOUS WITH COCKTAILS IN YOUR HANDS AND LAMPSHADES ON YOUR HEADS WRITING DRUNKEN POSTS ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU LOVE EVERYBODY AND HOW BLOGHER IS THE GREATEST THING EVAH! Do you hear me? Just don't do it. Don't. I MEAN IT. Or I'll............ be even more jealous, but really, who cares about that, so party on, just don't have too much fun without the rest of us.
HBM, the double sided sticky tape who holds us all together issued a BlogHer challenge for those of us
losers not attending: Complete this questionnaire and she will assign a Muppet guest star identity. How can I walk away from that? I don't know how that bad mother finds the time, but I can't wait to see comes up with. Enjoy:
1) What is the quality you most admire in a blogger? Devotion.
There are not enough hours in the day to blog and put something out there that's not total blabber and read other blogs and leave comments, but bloggers find a way to do that even if it means sacrificing things like sleep, clean clothes and work. I'm always amazed that so many women lead such busy lives and write such brilliant and funny and pertinent pieces and have time to drop by and chime in from time to time.
2) What is your most marked blogging characteristic (or, how would you describe your blog)? Binkytown has a very conversational feel about it. As if you were talking to a friend you never get sick of. At least that's what I'm aiming for.
3) What is your greatest virtue as a blogger (what do you most like about your blog)? Most definitely the community of other women bloggers who I've met since starting it. Hands down.
4) What do you regard as the principle defect of your blog? I talk about my kid too much. I love bloggers like Jennifer Mattern who strike an excellent balance; you know she's a mom but she doesn't have to knock you over the head with it. She makes every day events interesting. I want to be her. Well, I want to be as cool like her. I don't really want to be her. She has ghosts in her bathroom.
5) What character of fiction do you most wish had a blog?
Carmela Soprano. No nonsense smack talk and maybe even a kick ass recipe for gravy or rack of lamb.
6) What historical or real life person do you most wish had a blog?
Queen Elizabeth 1. Talk about some drama. Wouldn't it be interesting to know what was going on in her head? Blog Entry #314, I cut my hair today- what was I thinking? I hate it!
7) What is your present state of blog (present state of mind as a blogger)? Pissed off that I'm not going to BlogHer, but other than that, invigorated. I feel like I'm just finding my groove.
8) What is your blog motto? "On the map but still miles away from full-fledged motherhood".
Binkytown is an in-between place; having a strange sensation of having one foot in a life-before-baby and the other in a new place where literally everything has changed. Sometimes I'm lost but I like to think to I'm headed in the right direction.